Thursday, October 25, 2007

Introduction - The Story so Far - A Summary by Eleanor.

Drove to the 2cv World Meeting in Sweden this summer where I met trail organiser Gert and decided to do the Touareg Trail 2007 this November.

Within three weeks of my return I'm flying over to Belgium via Holland to collect the vehicle I had organised to take for the trail with long term Dutch friend DJ.

After essential, quick repares, it was straight on boat back to Norfolk, England via Harwich for the beginnings of preparations and publicity.

Five days later I’m driving half way across England to the 2cv International Meeting near Brighton to promote the project.

Several interviews and car repair weeks later I'm travelling back to Belgium in the 2cv for the training weekend, where we meet all my fellow competitors.

I then leave the car in Holland for co driver DJ to finish extensive repares to vehicle. I fly home to do further fund raising and preparations.

Drive over six hours to Manchester, in a Citroen to have an amazingly interesting and informative meeting with my charity MAG at their headquarters.

Finally drive over to Holland four days before departure in my Citroen van with last minute supplies and plans.

No comments:

Eleanor and the Africa 2cv

Eleanor and the Africa 2cv